Some retailers in North America are currently offering incentives for HD consumer wannabees in terms of price breaks, free surround sound systems, finance schemes and reduced or free installation packages. In some cases, Super Bowl-related specials could involve price cuts up to 50 percent, according to market researcher iSuppli.
Some of the noteworthy HD price points observed around the nation on the eve of the Super Bowl, according to iSuppli, include:
• 56-inch 1080p DLP units under $2,000 ($2,360 in December)
• 50-inch plasma for $2,500 after rebate ($2,900 in December)
• 50-inch DLP under $1,250 ($1,690 in December)
• 42-inch plasma under $1,000 ($1,800 in December)
• 42-inch 1080p LCD under $1,500 ($2,200 in December)
• 40-inch LCD for $1,500 ($1,895 in December)
• 32-inch LCD under $600 ($1,190 in December)
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.