Despite numerous reported post-production delays and mixed reviews prior to its theater release several months ago (notably on whether Tom Cruise could pull off playing a Nazi army officer with aims at assassinating Adolf Hitler), “Valkyrie” wound up doing respectable box office and has now leaped to the top slot in the Blu-ray Top 10 amid several other new disc entries.
For the first time in many weeks, “The Dark Knight” was nowhere to be found on the list, although it’s been known to reappear now and again, several months after its initial Blu-ray release last winter.
The Top 10 Blu-ray title sales for the week ending May 23, according to Rentrak:
- "Valkyrie" (20th Century Fox)
- "My Bloody Valentine 3D" (Lionsgate)
- "Taken" (20th Century Fox)
- "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" (Sony Pictures)
- "Underworld: Rise of the Lycans" (Sony Pictures)
- "True Blood: Season One" (HBO/Warner Bros.)
- "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" (Paramount)
- "Terminator 2 Judgment Day" (Lionsgate)
- "The Terminator" (MGM/20th Century Fox)
- "Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection" (Paramount)
Future US's leading brands bring the most important, up-to-date information right to your inbox
Thank you for signing up to TV Tech. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.