When the week-long bare-knuckles sales brawl was over, "Fighting" had fought its way to the top of the heap in its first weekend in Blu-ray (and DVD) circulation, edging out "Watchmen" and the likes of Hanna Montana, the previous week's frontrunner.
Blu-ray video sales are currently dominated by younger consumers, so it was not surprising that "Duplicity," the relatively complex (some critics said convoluted) espionage film starring Julia Roberts and Clive Owen, could claim no better than the no. 6 slot in its first week out in late August.
According to Rentrak, the Top 10 Blu-ray title sales for the week ending Aug. 29:
- "Fighting" (Universal)
- "Watchmen" (Warner Bros.)
- "Hannah Montana" The Movie" (Disney)
- "Fast & Furious" (Universal)
- "The Last House on the Left" (Universal)
- "Duplicity" (Universal)
- "I Love You, Man" (Paramount)
- "Coraline" (Universal)
- "Smallville: Season 8" (Warner Bros.)
- "Adventureland" (Disney)