“Closing Escrow,” a comedy motion picture produced entirely in HD whose metamorphosis from pre-production to post was periodically detailed in blogs from its production team last year in HD Notebook (HD Notebook, July 18, 2007), will premiere in various cinema complexes in five cities on Friday, Aug. 24.
The film is being circulated by Magnolia Pictures, the distribution arm of 2929 Entertainment, a company co-owned by HDNet owner Mark Cuban. (HDNet will “sneak peek” the new film next Wednesday, Aug. 22, airing it twice that evening.)
The theater markets include:
- Los Angeles (Fairfax Cinemas)
- New York City (Quad Cinemas)
- San Francisco (Opera Plaza Cinemas)
- Denver (Starz Filmcenter)
- Phoenix (Tempe): (Valley Art 1 Theatre)
The movie’s trailers are now available on YouTube.