The new Explorer 500 terminal represents a major advancement in terms of satellite transmission speeds.
Thrane & Thrane rolled out the Explorer 500 BGAN terminal at the Satellite 2005 conference last week in Washington D.C.
The new Explorer 500 terminal represents a major advancement in terms of satellite transmission speeds. Compared to the maximum transmission speed of 64kb/s for Thrane & Thrane's existing M4 terminal, the Explorer 500 provides data receipt at up to 432kb/s and data transmission at up to 372kb/s. The terminal weighs around 2.9lbs.
Key features include:
- All-in-one terminal with optional external antenna
- Highly portable, easy to setup and operate
- Voice, fax, SMS, Internet access and e-mail service
- Simultaneous voice/fax and high-speed data (up to 432kb/s)
- Ethernet, USB, Bluetooth and phone/fax interfaces
For more information, visit www.tt.dk.