AES executive director Roger Furness has announced a change of format for the upcoming 121st AES Convention in San Francisco’s Moscone Center. In essence, the manufacturer exhibits will be reformatted into a three-day Technology Exhibition, while the education-based Conference Program will retain its accustomed four-day run. The San Francisco show will open on Thursday, Oct. 5, with exhibits opening the following day. The show closes on Sunday, Oct. 8.
Describing the change as logical and timely, Furness stated that the move was made in response to numerous requests from exhibitors and attendees. The goal is to enable greater participation in the extensive educational and technical sessions available in the Conference Program by both exhibitors and attendees.
The AES also formally introduced the official committee headed by chair John Strawn. Furness emphasized the organization’s appreciation for the hard work required of this volunteer group in organizing the broad range of activities that attendees have come to expect of the AES convention.
The AES 121st Committee Members are:
- Convention Chair John Strawn
- Papers Co-Chairs Rob Maher and Christopher Struck
- Workshop Co-Chairs David Harris and Bob Lee
- Master Class and Tutorials Co-Chairs Bob Moses and Valerie Tyler
- Technical Tours Chair Jim McTigue
- Education Events Co-Chairs Dottie Kreps and Josh Tidsbury
- Historical Events Chair Bill Wray
- Facilities Chair Bob Megantz
- Live Sound Events Chair Larry the O
- Broadcast Sessions Chair David Bialik
- Special Events Chair Veronique Larcher
- Student Volunteers Chair Joe Alexander
- Program Coordinator Han Tendeloo
For more information, please visit www.aes.org.