09.16.2005 08:00 AM
Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
New 4Caster B3 encoder delivers real-time MPEG-4 encoding
The B3 encoder includes look-ahead video analysis with advanced transition detection.
Envivio has introduced the 4Caster B3 real-time MPEG-4 encoder.
Designed for applications ranging from contribution to distribution, the 4Caster B3 encoder delivers a complete implementation of MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 compression techniques. The B3’s all-new, hardware platform combined with superior encoding algorithms offers broadcasters and IPTV service providers greater processing power for advanced compression capabilities and noise reduction for bandwidth constrained applications.
The B3 encoder includes:
- look-ahead video analysis with advanced transition detection;
- video pre-processing with motion compensated temporal filtering;
- motion estimation with multiple reference frames;
- native interlaced video encoding support;
- digital and analog interfaces for both audio and video;
- DVB-ASI and IP outputs;
- multiple broadcast transport output;
- instant recording capabilities with offline file exchange for store and forward applications.
For more information, visit www.envivio.com.
Back to the top