Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Martin names independent Katrina panel
FCC chairman Kevin Martin has appointed members of the commission's Independent Panel Reviewing the Impact of Hurricane Katrina on Communications Networks.
The panel will review the impact of Hurricane Katrina on the telecommunications and media infrastructure in the affected area and recommend ways to improve disaster preparedness, network reliability and communications among first responders by June 15.
The panel is scheduled to hold its first meeting Jan. 30 at commission headquarters in Washington, D.C. At the meeting, members give brief statements about the impact of Hurricane Katrina on their company's or industry sector's communications infrastructure as well as address issues on which the panel should focus.
The broadcasters, cable and satellite providers on the panel include:
- Steve Davis, senior vice president, engineering, Clear Channel Radio
- Martin Hadfield, vice president of engineering, Entercom
- Greg Bicket, vice president/regional manager, Cox Communications, Metairie, LA
- Kay Sears, senior vice president of sales and marketing, G2 Satellite Solution, PanAmSat
- Carson Agnew, executive vice president, Mobile Satellite Ventures.
For more information, visit www.fcc.gov.
Back to the top