01.07.2005 08:00 AM
ATSC to hold one-day PSIP seminar
The Advanced Television Systems Committee (ATSC) will present a one-day seminar on the PSIP, the Program and System Information Protocol, Jan. 25 during the 10th Annual Hollywood Post Alliance Technology Retreat in Palm Springs, CA. The FCC established Feb. 1 as the deadline for implementation of PSIP during its Second DTV Periodic Review Report and Order. The mandate requires broadcasters to implement the standard to the extent that ATSC A/65B requires. The one-day seminar will cover several PSIP-related topics including:
- PSIP fundamentals – What it is and how it works; Mark Eyer, Sony
- Making sense out of the PSIP tables; Rich Chernock, Triveni Digital
- The FCC rules – What’s required and when; Art Allison, NAB
- Now that I have to do PSIP, what do I do? Chris Lennon, Harris
- The PMCP standard - Help is on the way; Art Allison, NAB
- Automating PSIP - A case history; Jean Macher, Thales
- End-to-end management of PSIP; Nandhu Nandhakumar, Triveni Digital
The seminar costs $195.
For more information, visit www.atsc.org.
Back to the top