12.17.2004 08:00 AM
Advisory Committee on Diversity urges commission to modify EEO rules
The Advisory Committee on Diversity for Communications in the Digital Age adopted several recommendations from its subcommittees during its Dec. 10 meeting at Florida Memorial College in Miami, FL.
- establishing a Web-based diversity resource directory;
- modifying EEO rules to include separate “menus” for recruitment and for career advancement;
- urging the commission to issue a rule concerning foreign investment in broadcast properties that could enhance access to capital for minority entrepreneurs;
- urging the commission to issue a policy statement that divestiture remedies should promote opportunities for small businesses, women and minorities to own and operate media and telecommunications services;
- adopting a follow-up report on the best of Best Practices to promote diversity.
For more information, visit www.fcc.gov.
Back to the top