Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
WRAL to rely on MicroFirst automation system
Capitol Broadcasting-owned WRAL–TV in Raleigh, NC, has selected MicroFirst’s Digital Automation System (DAS) to provide comprehensive station automation.
This new, fully redundant, multichannel DAS is designed to provide a streamlined workflow for the ingest, metadata management and transmission of multichannel content. It will control WRAL TV’s two mirrored Omneon servers with a total of 18 input and output channels as well as:
- eight VTRs;
- two Thomson Saturn master control switchers;
- one Pro-Bel Sirius routing switcher;
- one Thomson GVG 7000 routing switcher,
- three Harris/Leitch ICON branding systems;
- TeleStream Flip Factory for satellite delivered programming services from DG Systems, Fast Channel and Vvyx;
- Pathfire for syndicated programming; and
- Wide Orbit traffic system.
The DAS real-time control runs on MicroFirst‘s real-time Windows compatible OS called the WinMOS, running on MicroFirst’s PowerPC based Multi-port Microcontroller (MPC 3200).
For more information, visit: www.microfirst.com.