Carolyn Schuk /
11.17.2009 11:04 AM
Where to find mobile TV information
Because a story on the OMVC's mobile TV resources was very popular in last month’s in “Mobile TV Update,” here's a list of other useful sites for information about mobile TV. The list is in alphabetical order.
- Broadcast Mobile Convergence Forum (www.bmco-berlin.com): Market and audience studies, white papers, business models, forecasts, regulatory information, conferences and trade shows and a newsletter
- DVB Project, DVB-H (www.dvb-h.org): Information about the DVB handheld standard, technology, deployment
- European Union Commission (ec.europa.eu/information_society/tl/industry/broadcasting/mobile/index_en.htm): EU standards, regulations, industry issues
- FLO Forum (floforum.org): Information about FLO deployment, technology and products
- Mobile World Live (MobileWorldLive.com): Industry trends, insights, news, an online TV channel about mobile TV and sessions from GSMA conferences including Mobile World Congress, Mobile Asia Congress, Mobile Money Summit and Mobile Innovation
- Ofcom (www.ofcom.org.uk/tv): UK regulator and competition authority for the communications industry
- Open Mobile Video Coalition (www.openmobilevideo.com): Information about North American ATSC mobile for broadcasters and device manufacturers
- SARFT (www.sarft.gov.cn): China's administration of radio film and TV; the site is in Chinese and the only translation is via Google Translate.
- Television Expert Group International (www.international-television.org/mobile-tv.html): International information including a directory of regulating authorities (www.international-television.org/directory.html), ratings and audience measurement, industry groups and some interesting interviews about new media advertising (www.international-television.org/interviews.html).
- World DMB (www.worlddab.org): Information about DMB deployment worldwide, products and manufacturers