Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Tut Systems Astria selected as InfoVision finalist
The International Engineering Consortium (IEC) has recognized the Tut Systems Astria content processor (CP) MPEG-4 AVC solutions as an InfoVision Award Finalist.
The Astria CP was selected in the "Content, Entertainment, Applications, and Services" category from hundreds of submissions. The InfoVision Awards will be presented at the Broadband World Forum Asia 2006 event in Hong Kong May 15-18.
Products eligible for an InfoVision Award designation were required to be commercially announced or in deployment within the Asia-Pacific region prior to the Broadband World Forum Asia 2006. Submissions were judged by a review committee composed of industry experts from vendor companies, service providers, and industry associations.
Finalists were judged according the following criteria:
- Value of service or technology in solving recognized technology problems, meeting network requirements, optimizing service and performance, and/or enhancing customer service;
- Overall quality of innovation and contribution to technology advancement;
- Originality and vision;
- Potential contribution toward positive industry growth and service;
- Market success/acceptance;
- Contribution to end-user quality of experience and service efficiency.
For more information, visit www.iec.org and www.tutsys.com.
Back to the top