05.03.2007 08:00 AM
Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Thomson announces new K2 release
At NAB2007, Thomson announced several new features for its Grass Valley K2 Media Server and Media Client, including support for additional MPEG-2 HD formats in 1440-line resolution.
Grass Valley showed a variety of new features for the K2 Media Server, designed to streamline operations and facilitate the launching of new channels and business models, including new software and a low-cost SD client workstation.
Featuring multiple new software options, the 3.2 release of the K2 system includes:
- K2 standalone option to mirror the 10 internal drives (RAID-0) or order five or 10 data drives without RAID-0 protection for increased storage at no extra cost;
- Support for additional MPEG-2 HD formats in 1440-line resolution, including XDCAM HD;
- Enhanced downconversion video quality for SD playout from HD clips;
- Enhanced MXF compatibility, including HD;
- Enhanced security options on a channel-by-channel basis.
For more information, visit www.thomsongrassvalley.com.