Sony NAB products to support HD evolution
March 24, 2005
Sony will show a comprehensive lineup of products that support the evolution to HD while allowing broadcasters to extract maximum value from their SD investments at NAB2005.
Sony’s new products include:
- The SRW-5500 HDCAM-SR VTR, offering SRW-5000 performance with the convenience of HDCAM recording;
- The HDW-S280/1 portable HDCAM recorder - supports multiple HD standards, including:1080-line interlaced and progressive pictures in 50i, 59.94i, 23.98PsF, 24PsF, 25PsF and 29.97PsF modes;
- The HDC-X310 HD multi-purpose camera - features a network-style fiber optic interface that simplifies the transmission of 1080i HD signals over long distances;
- The MSW-970P MPEG IMX camcorder and DVW-970P Digital Betacam camcorder - both offer 14-bit A/D conversion, reduced smear levels and a slow shutter function for shooting under demanding lighting conditions;
- DSR-400P/DSR-450WSP DVCAM camcorder - has 2/3in Power HAD EX CCD sensors for improved horizontal resolution and smear performance.
Sony will also show the DSR-2000AP/DSR-1800AP/DSR-1600AP DVCAM studio VTR and the DSBK-2020/DSBK-1820 HD upconverter board.
For more information, visit booth SU6406 or go to www.sony.com/professional.
Back to the top