Rohde & Schwarz enhances R&S ETL TV analyzer
May 1, 2008
At NAB2008, Rohde & Schwarz unveiled the addition of new MPEG-2-related features and options for its R&S ETL TV analyzer.
The instrument combines the functions of an RF TV analyzer, an MPEG-2 analyzer and a spectrum analyzer, transforming it into a universal test platform. This enables network operators to perform all required measurements on TV transmitters as well as cable headends.
The R&S ETL TV analyzer also can be used for quality assurance applications in the production of TV transmitters and modulators. It supports ATSC, DVB-T/-H, DTMB, DAB and DVB-C as well as the most common analog TV standards.
The R&S ETL provides data about the composition of the MPEG-2 transport stream, reveals information about the contents of the individual MPEG tables and determines the bit rates of programs and data contents. An MPEG-2/H.264/MPEG-4 decoder is available for the instrument as an option.
Among the newly available MPEG-2 analysis options are:
For more information, visit:
- the R&S ETL-B280 MPEG processing board;
- the R&S ETL-K282 MPEG analysis/monitoring option;
- the R&S ETL K283 in-depth analysis option;
- the R&S ETL-K285 option with transport-stream template monitoring functionality; and
- the R&S ETL-B281 video and audio hardware decoder.