10.06.2009 04:58 PM
RealNetworks releases new version of Helix Media Delivery Platform
Last week, digital media company RealNetworks released a new version of its Helix Media Delivery Platform that offers new features for controlling and monetizing mobile TV on 3G/4G networks.
Turnkey mobile phone software company Sky is a trial user of the new software. "Quality and reliability are among the top concerns when delivering our content to mobile network operators," said Ben Nielsen, product manager for mobile TV at Sky, in a press release. "Because the Helix Media Delivery Platform is deployed both at the MNO and here at Sky, we can use Helix splitting technology to ensure our content looks great, conserves bandwidth and provides the best end-user experience."
The Helix Platform's new features include:
· Enhanced network monitoring and insight into subscriber use of on- and off-deck video;
· Increased network monitoring;
· Live rate adaptation for consistent video quality across fluctuating networks;
· Ad-insertion capabilities; and
· Support for multiformat live and on-demand video.