Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
NVIDIA offers new Quadro graphics cards with video production features
Those engaged in editing, compositing and color grading can now use the new NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 SDI and Quadro FX 4600 SDI graphics cards, which allow real-time rendering, as an integral part of the production workflow.
The cards feature eight-, 10- and 12-bit uncompressed SDI output in SD, HD or 2K formats, genlock support, improved 2-D video compositing capabilities, 3-D graphics and graphics processing unit (GPU) programmability.
The NVIDIA Quadro FX 5600 SDI and Quadro FX 4600 SDI graphics solutions offer:
- 2-D video pass-through compositing, which enables incoming video to be passed through and alpha composited and luma/chroma keyed with the Quadro rendered graphics image on the outgoing SDI video;
- Large frame buffers from 768MB to 1.5GB;
- 8K texture and render processing;
- Vertex and pixel programmability;
- Ancillary Data Support, which allows an ancillary data channel for audio and time codes.
For more information, visit www.nvidia.com/quadro.