12.10.2007 08:46 AM
Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
NewTek delivers new features for TriCaster STUDIO
NewTek has released several new features for its TriCaster STUDIO portable live production and virtual set system, including additional preview options when switching live camera sources and greater flexibility when creating text and title treatments. The upgrade is available immediately as a free download to existing TriCaster STUDIO owners.
The new features include:
- A full-featured character generator, including scrolls and crawls, and the ability to easily produce title templates for live production;
- Titles,w hich can now be placed upstream of every input individually;
- A new three-camera dedicated on-screen preview monitor display mode;
- An iVGA underscan button that allows control over whether or not a VGA input fills the entire video frame;
- Improved keying and ease-of-use with an optimized LiveMatte engine;
- A Y/C across BNC option that allows users to create long cable-runs on site using two shielded BNC cables (which is sturdier and more cost-effective than using an S-Video cable); and
- Video editor improvements based on SpeedEDIT 1.5, with new video effects abd audio filters.
Additional tools will be available in the coming months to allow users to create their own virtual sets with Lightwave 3D (version 9).
TriCaster STUDIO provides all of the capabilities of a live remote production truck, such as component video, balanced audio, six video inputs and advanced switching features, live virtual sets, multiple upstream effects, title graphics, dual virtual playback DDRs and an additional record DDR, live streaming and much more, in a small, 16lb package.
With TriCaster STUDIO, users can cover live events and broadcast and stream from locations where the use of a remote truck is not feasible.
For more information, visit www.newtek.com.