Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
NAB Post|Production World Conference to explore HD solutions
High definition solutions will be one of the many topics addressed at the NAB Post|Production World Conference April 21-26.
Sessions specifically devoted to high definition production and post production issues will include:
- Tapeless Acquisition for HD Projects, presented by post-production specialist Gary Adcock and director of photography Michael Caporale. The pair will discuss practical applications of tapeless acquisition and workflow from acquisition to archive.
- Color Grading for HD and Film, presented by colorist Bob Sliga. This session’s focus will be on HD color correction needs on the desktop.
- 2K Workflow and Beyond, presented by Gary Adcock, will examine some of the latest DI and finishing technology.
- HD to Film: The Entire Process, presented by Bill Weisman of Laser Pacific and Stephen Beres of PlasterCity. The pair will present an in-depth examination of process.
- Editing 4:4:4 Content, presented by AJA Video’s Jon Thorn and PlasterCity, will focus on post and finishing using RGB 4:4:4 dual link video mastered to Sony HDCAM SR.
- HD Graphics in Live Production will reveal how graphics were produced for NBCOlympics coverage of the 2006 Winter Olympics from Torino, Italy
- Server Based Delivery of HD Content will explore In Demand’s use of technology to serve on-demand SD and HD content.
- HD Lens Selection & Usage: An Indie DP’s Perspective, presented Michael Caporale, will focus on choosing the right lens, back focus, breathing and other lens basics.
- Understanding Waveform and Vector Scopes, presented by Michael Caporale, is intended for the non-engineer and will explore how the devices can improve a production.
- Digital Cinema: Delivery Solutions will look at the components of digital delivery of DRM encrypted JPEG2000 content.
For more information, visit www.nabshow.com.
Back to the top