NAB2006 MPEG Industry Forum to examine advanced video services
March 23, 2006
NAB2006 will offer an insider’s look at trends in MPEG compression technology and the direction of streaming media at the MPEG Industry Forum co-produced with the Internet Streaming Media Alliance.
With the theme of "Advanced Video Services From Broadband to Wireless", the April 23 session will offer insight into the hardware, software, content and business issues shaping unfolding streaming media opportunities.
The forum will include:
The forum will also include MPEGIF and ISMA updates. The event will take place at the Las Vegas Convention Center in room S221.
- Technology and Integration — a look at multimedia delivery technologies and how to deploy them. The session, moderated by Peggy Miles of Intervox Communications, will include an examination of multimedia on cell phones.
- Transport — presented by Alcatel vice president Tiaan Schutte;
- Set Top Boxes — presented by Dr. Ajay Luthra of Motorola;
- IPTV Application Layer — presented by IBM Digital Media Solutions CTO Peter Guglielmino;
- Content Protection — presented by Nagravision vice president Robin Wilson;
- Customer-Endpoint — presented by Nokia vice president Mark Selby;
- Content Owner — presented by PBS Chief Technology Integration Officer Andre V. Mendes;
- Content Aggregator — presented by Video Networks Chairman and CEO Roger Lynch;
- Service Provider — presented by AT&T Operations vice president Jeff Weber.
For more information, visit www.nabshow.com.
Back to the top