Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Harmonic to showcase latest video delivery solutions
At IBC2007, Harmonic will feature IP-based video delivery solutions that let cable, satellite, telco, terrestrial and Internet video service providers offer consumers a more powerful, personalized video experience.
The company will also introduce extensions to its portfolio of encoding, decoding and transcoding solutions. Featured solutions will include:
- An enhanced, comprehensive video-on-demand (VOD) and time-shifted TV platform;
- Software-based transcoding for Internet and mobile applications;
- Harmonic's Rhozet universal transcoding solutions;
- IP-based statistical multiplexing and MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) and MPEG-2 compression for SD and HD video;
- A next-generation 1080p HD technology demonstration;
- Advanced stream processing technologies including re-encoding, digital mosaics and bulk scrambling/descrambling;
- Program and ad insertion solutions;
- High-capacity HFC network access and cell tower backhaul solutions.
See Harmonic at IBC2007 in Stand 1.361 and Rhozet in Stand 7.931, or visit www.harmonicinc.com.