Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Harmonic to highlight multiscreen video delivery
At IBC2008, Harmonic will showcase its portfolio of solutions that enable service providers to deliver broadcast and on-demand video to multiple screens, including HDTVs, PCs and mobile devices.
Featured demonstrations will include:
- Solutions for the creation and delivery of high-quality, real-time and on-demand video to TVs, PCs, personal media players, cars and mobile phones
- Full frame rate 1080p MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) HD encoding
- Distributed statistical multiplexing featuring mixed codec pools of SD/HD channels
- Content creation, distribution and delivery for on-demand services
- A universal edgeQAM solution for VOD, modular cable modem termination systems (M-CMTS), IP cable, switched digital video (SDV), broadcast and edge encryption applications
Additionally, Harmonic's Rhozet universal transcoding solutions will be on display.
See Harmonic at IBC2008 at Stand 1.C61, or visit www.harmonicinc.com, and see Rhozet at the Harmonic stand and at Stand 7.J11, or visit www.rhozet.com.