07.21.2005 04:48 PM
Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
D-Cinema to take center stage at IBC2005
As it has done for the past three years, this year’s IBC convention will offer attendees an opportunity to learn about the latest developments in D-Cinema.
IBC2005 will provide a forum to explore the progress made in digital cinema over the past year, including a growing number of digital releases, alternate markets, new cameras for digital cinema acquisition and even government programs promoting D-Cinema.
At this year’s convention, Arri, Autodesk Media and Entertainment, Panasonic and Sony will show new digital cinema equipment.
Digital cinema is the IBC2005 theme for Monday, Sept. 12. Program highlights include:
- A keynote address from Bill Kinder, of Pixar Animation Studios and Perspective, and “Star Wars” producer Rick McCallum;
- The Digital Opportunity - Acquisition, Production and Presentation in the Digital Domain, hosted by Peter Swinson of Peter Swinson Associates;
- Industry Perspective on Progress and Issues, chaired by Wendy Aylesworth of Warner Bros.;
- Global Report and First Experiences, chaired by Justin Ribbins;
- Future Outlook and New Developments, chaired by Glenn Kennel of Texas Instruments.
A new movie will be shown Saturday, Sept. 10, and attendees can watch a restored classic Monday night. Christie, Dolby, Harkness Hall and QuVis are supporting these screenings.
For more information, visit www.ibc.org.
Back to the top