IEEE 54th Annual Broadcast Symposium to demo HDTV over wireless LAN
A demonstration of HDTV transmission over a wireless LAN will be conducted at the 54th Annual IEEE Broadcast Symposium, Oct. 13 – Oct. 15, at The Hotel Washington in Washington, D.C.
The opening session, titled "Video and Audio Distribution via Wireless Broadband," will cover the latest capabilities of broadband wireless (Wi-Fi), and how it can be used to support HDTV local distribution. The session will also address recent advances in PC graphic processors and CPU processing power that allows real-time decoding, HDTV displays, and the associated audio signal on a laptop computer.
The session concludes with the HDTV transmission demo to be conducted by the Communications Research Center Canada. Also on the agenda is a real-time streaming of the session presentation viewgraphs and audio at HDTV quality, distributed over wireless LAN to audiences.
Other convention highlights:
- Technical program - 9 a.m. to 5 p.m, Oct. 13 – Oct. 15
- Special Wednesday evening session on "DTV Repacking Transition Issues"
- IEEE/AFCCE Joint Luncheon 12:30 p.m., Oct. 14
- Cocktail reception 6 p.m., Oct. 14
- Annual IEEE BTS Awards Luncheon 12:30 p.m., Oct. 15
For more information and to register, visit www.ieee.org/btsymposium.