Network Electronics expands VikinX router line
Network Electronics has expanded its modular VikinX router line to include 256 X 256 versions.
The new routers — the VD256256L and HD256256L — provide hot-swappable module cards, built-in dual redundant power supply and redundant control architecture and controller functions.
Control features include a TCP/IP control interface and TCP/IP interconnectivity with VikinX modular control panels, SNMP agent, as well as a comprehensive surveillance of the routers' vital parameters.
The routers include the company's new 16-signal-wide Bridge Line bus, which allows any signal in the router to route through the Flashlink signal processing plug-in and fiber-optic devices.
Bridge Lines make it possible to switch line or frame synchronizers, A/D and D/A converters or fiber-optical interfaces internally into the signal path.
VD256256L and HD256256L features include:
- multirate support from 19.4Mb/s–540Mb/s with re-clocking (VD256256L);
- multirate support from 19.4Mb/s–1485Mb/s with re-clocking (HD256256L);
- digital audio AES3-id support;
- SD-SDI, HD-SDI video and AES audio in one frame;
- eight monitoring outputs.
For more information, visit www.network-electronics.com.