‘Taken’ Retakes Lead in Blu-ray Top 10
The action thriller “Taken” overtook one-week leader “Valkyrie” to once again assume the top slot in the Top 10 list of Blu-ray titles sales. (“Taken” had quickly taken the lead when it first popped into Blu-ray release two weeks earlier.)
Close to showing more than nine lives from the proverbial cat, “The Dark Knight” sprang back onto the Top 10 list at no. 6 after falling off a week earlier. It was at least the third time in recent months that the Batman sequel—which is the current Blu-ray sales record holder—bounced back onto the list after being knocked off completely.
Theater sleeper hit “Paul Blart: Mall Cop” remains in the top three.
For the week ending May 30, the Top 10 Blu-ray sales, according to Rentrak:
- “Valkyrie” (20th Century Fox)
- “Paul Blart: Mall Cop” (Sony Pictures)
- My Bloody Valentine 3D” (Lionsgate)
- “Underworld: Rise of the Lycans” (Sony Pictures)
- “The Dark Knight” (Warner Bros.)
- “True Blood: Season 1” (Warner Bros.)
- “Transformers” (Paramount)
- “The Curious Case of Benjamin Button” (Paramount)
- “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” (Lionsgate)