Nominations Open for 'DTV Academy' Awards
Nominations for the third annual 2003 DTV Academy Awards are now being accepted by the CEA. The People's Choice category is the only one open for public nominations. Only members of the DTV Academy may make nominations in the following 12 categories:
* Best DTV Broadcast Network
* Best Local DTV Broadcaster
* Best DTV Cable System
* Best DTV Satellite Service
* Best DTV Sporting Event
* Best Original DTV Material
* Best DTV Industry Leadership
* Best DTV Government Leadership
* Best DTV Retailer Leadership
* Best DTV Journalism
* Best DTV Satellite Programmer
* The People's Choice for best HDTV program
Final online voting for The People's Choice Award will go live at the 2004 CES, Jan. 8 to 11, in the HDTV Sports Bar. Voting for this public award category will close Feb. 15.
The 2003 DTV Academy Awards will be presented during a special luncheon ceremony during CEA's Eighth Annual HDTV Summit, March 29, 2004 in Washington, D.C. More information is available at www.ce.org/dtvacademy.