Thomson Upgrades Digital News Production System Software
Thomson Broadcast Solutions recently upgraded the software of its Grass Valley Digital News Production Solution, which includes an expanded toolset for the NewsEdit nonlinear editor.
The Digital News Production Solution is designed to be a cost-effective, open, standards-based system for digital news production. The version 4.0 upgrade has increased production capabilities, particularly for NewsEdit users. The new features for the editing system include:
* Voice disguise, blur and mosaic effects for use in investigative reports;
* External control support;
* A Media Object Server (MOS) script interface that enables users to link a script to a video while editing;
* A 2D digital video effects option for NewsEdit;
* Effects capture in templates.
In addition to its production-feature additions, version 4.0 optimizes the efficiency of the Grass Valley Group's FeedClip interactive feed capture and NewsQ Pro automated news control systems. It also enables the FeedClip, NewsEdit, and NewsQ systems to send files to a Profile XP Media Platform or NewsQ Pro system for playout.
Thompson has recently received several order for the Grass Valley system from television stations and cable networks in California, Illinois and New Jersey.