Avid Releases Portable Version of Xpress DV3
Avid Technology Inc. is now shipping its Xpress DV v3, a portable video editing system with more than 100 customizable real-time effects and multiple simultaneous streams in a DV editing studio.
The system is available on Windows now and will be released for Macintosh platforms in mid-2002. The version 3 software features an expanded user interface, advanced compositing features, improved DVD burning capability and expanded tool sets. According to the company, users will be able to edit almost anywhere they can take a laptop.
New features include:
* A new user interface with customizable tool sets, Media Composer source-record style editing and SuperBin;
* A new keyframe model with bezier controls and keyframes per parameter;
* A switch that enables the user to channel the power of their system to maximize performance or image quality;
* Avid Unity LANshare support for networking and media sharing;
* A new Avid DV CODEC for improved image quality.
Avid also offers courses, self-paced tutorials and guides for Xpress DV through the company's network of Avid Authorized Education Centers (AAECs).