'Furious' Drives Top 10 while 'Dark Knight' Returns
The action flick "Fast & Furious" retained its top spot in the Blu-ray Top 10 sales line-up for the first week of August, as Blu-ray sales record holder "The Dark Knight" once again re-emerged on the list.
It was at least the second time the latest Batman movie returned to the Top 10 list after dropping off for a week or more. The Warner Brothers title first came to Blu-ray (and standard DVD) last winter.
The latest James Bond entry, "Quantum of Solace," entered the list at no better than the no. 8 slot, while the kids' and tween title "Race to Witch Mountain" showed some staying power at no. 2. The top 10 titles were shared by no fewer than seven studios.
According to Rentrak, the Top 10 Blu-ray title sales for the week ending Aug. 8 included:
- "Fast & Furious" (Universal)
- "Race to Witch Mountain" (Disney)
- "Watchmen" (Warner Bro.)
- "Coraline" (Universal)
- "Obsessed" (Sony Pictures)
- "The Soloist" (Paramount)
- "Big Trouble in Little China" (20th Century Fox)
- "Quantum of Solace" (MGM/20th Century Fox)
- "The Dark Knight" (Warner Bro.)
- "Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series" (Universal)