Dish Grows Local HD Markets Down South and in New England
Dish Network has added eight HD local markets to its otherwise national footprint from space and the DBS provider continues its headlong battle with cable over who can provide the most HD choices the fastest. Included in this latest expansion of local HD broadcast stations are markets in Alabama, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Mississippi, Tennessee, Vermont and Rhode Island.
Dish said with these additions, below, it’s currently providing local broadcast HD in a total of 54 markets, with more to be announced soon.
The markets now with local HD over Dish are:
- Greenville–Spartanburg–Anderson, S.C.–Asheville, N.C.
- Greensboro–High Point–Winston Salem, N.C.
- Mobile, Ala.–Pensacola–Ft. Walton Beach, Fla.
- Providence, R.I.–New Bedford, Mass.
- Burlington, Vt.–Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- Huntsville–Decatur, Ala.
- Knoxville, Tenn.
- Jackson, Miss.