The Cable Center Names New Board
The Cable Center’s
board of directors has elected Insight Communications’ Michael Willner as its new vice chairman, and also named eight industry leaders to serve two-year terms on the board.
Willner co-founded Insight Communications in 1985 and is now the vice chairman and CEO. He served two consecutive terms as chairman of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association, and currently sits on its executive committee. He also serves on the executive committee of CableLabs, and on the board of directors of C-SPAN and the Walter Kaitz Foundation.
The eight new members of the board of directors are:
- John Bickham, president of Cable and Communications at Cablevision
- David Cohen, executive vice president of Comcast
- Italia Commisso Weinand, senior vice president of HR and Programming at Mediacom Communications Corp.
- Jerry Kent, president and CEO of Cequel III
- Bob Miron, chairman and CEO of Advance/Newhouse Communications Inc. Miron will also serve on the board’s executive committee.
- Peter Stern, executive vice president of Product Management at Time Warner Cable
- Debora Wilson, president of The Weather Channel
- Barbara York, senior vice president of Industry Affairs at NCTA
“It is truly an honor to be working with these industry leaders,” said Larry Satkowiak, president and CEO of The Cable Center. “Our board of directors has been instrumental in helping us to develop a strong Strategic Plan and we look forward to continuing to work together to implement all of the initiatives we have set forth.”
The Cable Center, a global resource of information, training, and educational programs about and for the cable telecommunications industry, is located in Denver. Other members of the 20-plus board include Julian Brodsky of Comcast Corp., James Chiddix of OpenTV Corp., Frank Drendel of CommScope Inc.; Dwight Duke of Scientific Atlanta, Richard Green of Cable Television Laboratories, Claus Kroeger of Cox Cable Communications, and Susan Packard of Scripps Networks.