The Storage Visions Conference 2008 will focus on digital storage and the entertainment content value chain and will be held Jan. 5-6, 2008, at the Flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas, just before the 2008 Consumer Electronics Show. More than 500 attendees are expected at the conference, including more than 100 media representatives and analysts.
Mueez Deen, director of memory marketing at Samsung Semiconductor, will deliver the keynote, "NAND Flash: Disruptive Technology Enabling New Markets," and Dominic McCarthy, CTO of managed home business for Hewlett Packard, also will give a keynote, "Smart Storage for the Home's Growing Media Dilemma." The first day will feature a keynote from Clyde Smith of Turner Broadcast.
Some other conference highlights on the second day of the conference will include:
- “Storing Stuff in CE Devices: Digital storage is crucial to product design.”
- “Your Content, Your Way, Anywhere: Where are flash and hard disk drives used in consumer electronics?”
- “Personal Home Storage: Saving and Sharing Family Content.”
- “Social Networking and Remote Storage”
- “Optical Storage: New Light on Content Distribution”
Presenters, moderators and panelist companies will include Cisco/Scientific Atlanta, EMC, Hewlett Packard, Imation, IDC, InPhase, Intel, Lehman Brothers, LSI, Macrovision, Marvell, Mempile, NPD Group, Omneon, Pioneer, Samsung Semiconductor, Sandisk, Seagate Technology, Silicon Image, STMicroelectronics, Toshiba, Turner Broadcast and the Yankee Group.
The Storage Visions Conference is hosted by the Entertainment Storage Alliance and is a partner event to the International CES. For more information, visit