10.18.2004 10:30 AM
SMPTE to honor 16 members
Sixteen new Fellows will be honored at the SMPTE Honors and Awards Ceremony Thursday, Oct. 21, in Pasadena, CA.
SMPTE describes a Fellow of the society as one who has, by proficiency and contributions, attained an outstanding rank among engineers or executives in the motion picture, television or related industries.
This year’s new Fellows are:
- Wendy Aylsworth, vice-president of Technology for Warner Bros. Technical Operations;
- Charles Dages, executive vice-president of Emerging Technology for Warner Bros. Technical Operations;
- Preston Davis, president of broadcast for the ABC Television Network Group;
- Michael Dolan, founder and president of Television Broadcast Technology;
- James Edwards, senior video applications engineer at Tektronix;
- Susan Gwynn-Handley, Kodak;
- David Keighley, president of DKP 70MM;
- Philip Livingston, vice-president of technical liaison for Panasonic Broadcast and Television Systems;
- Richard Mizer, co-founder and CTO of CIN Events;
- Marty Ollstein, president of Crystal Image;
- Robert Plummer, senior director of advanced technology at DIRECTV;
- Thomas Scott, co-founder and CTO of Entertainment Digital Network;
- John Silva; Charles Swartz, CEO of the Entertainment Technology Center at the University of Southern California;
- Fred Van Roessel; and
- David Wiswell, group manager for Advanced Television Products at Panasonic Broadcast & Television.
Events involving the new Fellows will take place during the Annual SMPTE Technical Conference and Exhibition in Pasadena October 20-23.
For more information, visit www.smpte.org.
Back to the top