02.09.2007 08:00 AM
Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Sinclair, Mediacom reach retransmission accord
Sinclair Broadcast Group entered into a multiyear retransmission consent agreement Feb. 2 with Mediacom Communications.
The agreement, which expires Dec. 31, 2009, allows Mediacom to carry the analog and digital signals of 24 TV stations owned or programmed by Sinclair in 16 markets to about 700,000 of Mediacom's subscribers.
Covered stations include:
- KDSM (FOX) serving Des Moines/Ames, IA;
- KGAN (CBS), Cedar Rapids, IA;
- WEAR (ABC)/WFGX (MNT), Mobile, AL-Pensacola, FL;
- WYZZ (FOX), Peoria/Bloomington, IL;
- WLOS (ABC)/WMYA (MNT), Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville, NC;
- WDKY (FOX), Lexington, KY;
- WMSN (FOX), Madison, WI;
- WZTV (FOX)/WUXP (MNT)/WNAB (CW), Nashville, TN;
- WUCW (CW), Minneapolis, MN;
- KBSI (FOX)/WDKA (MNT) Paducah, KY-Cape Girardeau, MO;
- WICS (ABC)/WICD (ABC) Springfield/Champaign/Decatur, IL;
- KDNL (ABC), St. Louis, MO;
- WTWC (NBC), Tallahassee, FL;
- WTTO (CW)/WABM (MNT), Birmingham, AL;
- WTVZ (MNT), Norfolk, VA;
- WCGV (MNT)/WVTV (CW), Milwaukee, WI.