NABEF engineering internship recipients attend NAB2007
May 10, 2007
The NAB Education Foundation (NABEF) sent 10 recipients of its engineering internship to NAB2007.
The NABEF Broadcast Technology and Engineering Internship Program is intended to promote the broadcast industry's efforts to diversify the industry by increasing the number of women and people of various ethnicities in the broadcast engineering field. The program is in its inaugural year.
Recipients were selected from a pool of qualified candidates with demonstrated ability and interest in broadcasting. This year's recipients included:
- Crystal Dapheen Essex, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill;
- Jacqueline Sanborn, Hocking College;
- Johnathan Lovelace, ITT-Technical Institution;
- Jessica Sturgis, Howard University;
- Varian Cavell Lucas, University of North Texas;
- Teresa Tapp, Napa Valley College;
- Walter Machado, ITT-Technical Institution;
- Letisha Vandervaarf, Bates Technical College;
- Anna Markley, Boise State University;
- Patricia Walsh, Brown College.
For more information, visit www.nab.org.