02.15.2007 08:00 AM
Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
NAB2007 to offer new telecom track
NAB2007, April 14-19 in Las Vegas, will offer a new three-day conference series and exhibition for telecommunications professionals and network operators, the association announced.
Telecom@NAB2007, to be held April 16-18 in conjunction with the trade show, will be co-produced by telecom industry consultants Lightbulb Communications, headed by former USTelecom executive John Abel.
The new conference will address the needs of telecom professionals, telecom business entrepreneurs and network operators who are deploying next-generation video networks or who plan to do so in the future.
The new feature complements the NAB convention's executive programs on IPTV and mobile TV, which are co-produced by iHollywood Forum, and comprehensive programs on broadcasting engineering and management.
Telecom@NAB2007 will offer:
- Telecom technology papers authored by leaders in the field;
- Broadband video conference focusing on content acquisition and manipulation;
- Telecom video production crash courses;
- Telecom supplier exhibits; and
- Show floor tours customized for telecom attendees.
For more information, visit www.nabshow.com.