03.15.2007 08:00 AM
NAB2007 to offer focus on workflow
NAB2007 will shift the spotlight to streamlining TV production and realizing efficiencies in other areas during Workflow and Interoperability for Television sessions April 18 as part of the Engineering Conference.
Led by Al Grossniklaus, director of engineering and operations at WTHR in Indianapolis, the sessions focusing on workflow and interoperability will examine a variety of topics, such as file-based workflows and media storage.
The sessions, to be held from 2-5 p.m. in the Las Vegas Convention Center Room S226, include:
- "Is iSCSI Ready for Prime Time?" presented by Steven Modica, chief technology officer, Small Tree Communications, Oakdale, MN;
- "Media Storage and Associated File-based Workflow," presented by Stavros Hilaris, senior VP, Ascent Media Systems & Technology Services, Chantilly, VA;
- "The Money Shot: Post-production Workflows for Delivering HDTV Sports Content for Mobile," presented by Michael Birenboim, chief technology officer, CloseVU, Boulogne, France;
- "Media-Centric Data-Driven Workflow," presented by John Price, director of product management, business systems, VCI, Springfield, MA;
- "SOA, BPM and Web Services in Professional Media Systems," presented by John Footen, director of software systems engineering, National TeleConsultants, Glendale, CA;
- "Making Workflow Really Work: A Look Beyond Tools & Technologies," presented by Graham Sharp, VP and general manager, video division, Avid Technology, Tewksbury, MA.
For more information, visit www.nabshow.com.