04.15.2009 11:26 AM
NAB Show Super Sessions offer look at today’s hot media issues
The 2009 edition of the NAB Show once again will offer insight into some of the hottest opportunities and biggest challenges facing the electronic media industry with a wide ranging menu of Super Sessions, covering topics as diverse as stereoscopic 3-D and mobile entertainment.
This year’s Super Sessions, presented April 20-22, generally are scheduled to last for one hour and will be held in the South Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center in Rooms S222/223. (Be sure to confirm times and locations at the convention.)
The lineup includes:
- Disney & Adobe: Reinventing the Boundaries of Storytelling, April 20 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Independent Filmmaking — A Million-Dollar Look on a Thousand-Dollar Budget: 2009 Edition, April 20 from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Henry Selick: Blending Classic and Digital Techniques for a Timeless Experience, April 20 from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- Alternative Stereoscopic 3-D Content: The Next Breakout Hit?, April 20 from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- Rob Cohen: In Defense of the Action Film, April 21 from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Cool Gadgets, Hot Content, April 21 from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- The Making of Battlestar Galactica: Or, How to Create a Dark, Desperate, Nihilistic Franchise in the Age of Comfort Food Television, April 21 from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Mass Animation: Crowd-sourced Creativity on the Social Networking Frontier, April 21 from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m.
- Mobile Video — Entertainment to Go, April 21 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
- Reality Check: The New Content Paradigm, April 22 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Generations — Media Consumption Habits and Preferences, April 22 from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Josh Schwartz: Creating in the New Media Landscape, April 22 from 2 to 3 p.m.
- Personalized Content: Is It TV’s Next Given?, April 22 from 4 to 5 p.m.