Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Media bias real, Zogby poll says
Sixty-four percent of those who perceive bias in the media said the media lean left, while 28 percent said they detect a conservative media bias, according to the results of an Institute for Politics, Democracy and the Internet/Zogby Interactive poll released last week.
The poll found:
- 97 percent of Republicans say the media are liberal;
- 66 percent of independents agree;
- 23 percent of independents perceive the media to have a conservative bias;
- 66 percent of Democrats said the media skewed right;
- 17 percent of Democrats said the media favored the left.
The Zogby Interactive survey of 1757 likely voters nationwide was conducted Feb. 20-26, 2007. The survey's margin of error is +/- 2.4 percentage points.
For more information, visit www.zogby.com.