10.05.2007 02:53 PM
Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
IEEE launches Internet TV network
The IEEE has launched IEEE.tv, an Internet-based TV network that features targeted programming on technology and engineering produced by IEEE members. Featuring a variety of programming options including hot topics in technology, conference highlights and interviews with industry experts, IEEE.tv can be viewed at www.ieee.org/ieeetv.
First launched as a beta site in August 2006, IEEE.tv is a collaborative effort of IEEE volunteers, members and staff. Improved features include Flash video support, a list of most viewed and recently added videos and different options for RSS feeds, which enable Internet syndication. Additional features available only to IEEE members include downloadable videos and personalization options. New programs, recorded in HD, will be added monthly.
IEEE.tv includes programs available to the general public and others that can only be viewed by IEEE members. Programs are categorized into six different series:
- Conference Highlights: Highlights of IEEE conferences, including interviews with major presenters on the hot topics and excerpts from seminal presentations
- Meet the Authors: One-on-one interviews with leading experts in the field
- Careers & Technology: Current events including technology careers, profiles of interesting jobs and new developments in technical disciplines
- IEEE.tv Specials: Featured events, profiles of significant figures in technology and engineering, as well as chronicles of historical developments
- IEEE Products: Brief introductions to IEEE products and initiatives
- History: Highlight landmark technology and engineering events from the past
For more information, visit www.ieee.org.