08.07.2008 08:00 AM
FCC announces tentative agenda for August open meeting
A notice of apparent liability and order for DTV tuner violation are among the matters tentatively scheduled for action at the next open meeting of the Federal Communications Commission.
Chairman Kevin Martin circulated the items for the Aug. 22 meeting to his fellow commissioners Monday.
Among the items on the tentative agenda are:
- Roaming – A Memorandum Opinion and Order on Reconsideration addressing issues raised in petitions for reconsideration of the Roaming Report and Order.
- Low Power Auxiliary Stations in the 700MHz Band – A Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM) and Order regarding the operation of broadcast low power auxiliary stations, including wireless microphones, within the 700 MHz Band.
- NET 911 – An NPRM that seeks comment on implementing the New and Emerging Technologies (NET) 911 Improvement Act of 2008.
- Universal Service – A Notice of Inquiry that seeks comment on ways to improve the management and administration of the Universal Service Fund.
- Carriage of Digital Television Broadcast Signals – An Amendment to Part 76 of the commission’s rules, Fourth Report & Order.
- Fireside Media – An Order concerning Fireside Media and its participation in Auction No. 37.
- DTV – Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture and Order for DTV Tuner Violation.
For more information, visit www.fcc.gov.