Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Chambers Communication, Journal Broadcast turn to Précis
Chambers Communications and Journal Broadcast Group have purchased and will standardize on the BitCentral Précis News Production System, a non-proprietary, turnkey play-to-air digital news management system.
The scalable, file-based workflow management and archive system is browser-based and delivers an integrated online archive with inexpensive commodity storage for SD or HD video content.
Chambers Communications has placed two firm orders with an option for a third station to go live with Précis before the end of this year. The Chambers stations are KEZI-TV, the ABC affiliate in Eugene, OR; KDRV-TV, the ABC affiliate in Medford, OR; and KOHD-TV, the ABC affiliate in Bend, OR.
Journal Broadcast Group, a subsidiary of Journal Communications, owns and operates dozens of radio and television stations nationwide. The group's stations turning to Précis include:
- WTMJ-TV, the NBC affiliate in Milwaukee;
- KTNV-TV, the ABC affiliate in Las Vegas;
- WFTX-TV, the FOX affiliate in Cape Coral, FL;
- WGBA-TV, the NBC affiliate in Green Bay, WI;
- KGUN-TV, the ABC affiliate in Tucson, AZ;
- KMTV-TV, the CBS affiliate in Omaha, NE;
- WSYM-TV, the FOX affiliate in Lansing, MI;
- KIVI-TV, the ABC affiliate in Nampa, ID;
- KMIR-TV, the NBC affiliate in Palm Desert, CA.
For more information, visit www.bitcentral.com.