Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Agenda set for FCPUG SuperMeet
Organizers of the initial IBC Final Cut Pro Users Group (FCPUG) SuperMeet have announced their agenda for the meeting, which will include a presentation by Darius Fisher, who co-edited and co-produced “Fields of Fuel,” winner of the 2008 Audience Award at the Sundance Film Festival.
The meeting, to be held Sunday, Sept. 14, at 7 p.m. in the Culture Park Westergasfabriek, Gashouder, is expected to be among the largest gatherings of Final Cut Pro users and digital filmmakers worldwide.
Other highlights of the SuperMeet agenda include:
- Paul Saccone, director of technical marketing in Apple's applications marketing group, will discuss the latest Final Cut Studio news.
- Film editor Billy Fox will discuss how Final Cut Studio was used to edit “Traitor,” a newly released film written and directed by Jeffrey Nachmanoff (screenwriter of “The Day After Tomorrow”).
- Director of photography Miguel de Olaso will show work shot with the RED digital cinema camera and talk briefly about the Final Cut Pro workflow.
- Simon Hayhurst and Jason Levine from Adobe will show how Adobe Production Premium’s suite of applications can complement the Final Cut Pro workflow.
- Filmmaker Rick Young, editor of Macvideo.tv and founder of the UK FCPUG, will share his "Top Ten FCP Tips and Tricks.”
- Scott Sheehan, Thomson Grass Valley director of marketing, will show a short video of high-quality JPEG2000 shot on the Infinity Camcorder and edited with Final Cut Pro.
For more information, visit http://www.lafcpug.org/ibc_2008.