‘Snow White’ Continues to Lead Blu-ray Top 10
October 28, 2009
Perhaps there’s nothing more symbolic of adaptable new technologies than a 35mm film (animated before computer animation and produced shortly after the invention of color) that finds itself on top in sales in a technology that didn’t emerge until 70 years after the motion picture first appeared in theaters.
Of course, it helps if it’s also a classic.
Walt Disney’s Snow White remained atop the Top 10 Blu-ray sales charts this month as the title continues outsell far newer films, including a few theater blockbusters. In fact, Disney held the top two slots in the same week, as the Sandra Bullock title "The Proposal" bowed in at no. 2.
The Top 10 Blu-ray sales for the week ending Oct. 17, according to Rentrak:
- "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" (Disney)
- "The Proposal" (Disney)
- "Drag Me to Hell" (Universal)
- "Monsters vs. Aliens" (Paramount)
- "Trick 'R Treat" (Warner Bros.)
- "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" (20th Century Fox)
- "Land of the Lost" (Universal)
- "Wizard of Oz: 70th Anniversary Edition" (Warner Bros.)
- "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" (Warner Bros.)
- "Year One" (Sony)