Lyon Video Selects QuStream Integrity for HD Production Trucks
June 13, 2008
Lyon Video, a Columbus, Ohio-based post facility, has selected QuStream Corp. Integrity-series signal processing equipment for two of the facility’s HD mobile production units. These will be the second and third trucks that Lyon Video has chosen to equip with QuStream technology.
The order for QuStream’s Integrity-series products includes the QuStream FRM-603 SmartFrame, providing 20 card slots in 3 RU. The FRM-603 can include optional features such as redundant controllers, redundant power and redundant sync reference. The frame also allows signal sharing between various cards.
Lyon Video’s system consists of:
All cards are controlled by four of the RCP-503 Remote Control Panels.
- 82 DDA617 downconverting distribution amplifiers (HD to SDI/analog)
- 12 DVA617 1x7 digital video DAs (270 Mbps to 3 Gbps)
- 6 DVA626 dual 1x3 digital video DAs (270 Mbps to 3 Gbps)
- 24 UDC-550 up/down/cross-converters with internal Perfect Palette video legalizer and HD-SDI, SD-SDI and NTSC/PAL outputs
- 32 UDC-550-CC up/down/cross-converters including full RGB color correction and 32 FS-511 video synchronizer cards.
“The new QuStream signal processors will be housed in our HD upgrade to the MU5 expando and in our new MU9 dedicated HD truck,” said Lyon Video President Bob Lyon. “The processors will provide both vehicles with facilities for bidirectional signal conversion between HD and SD, as well as interfacing between digital and analog signal domains.”