Originally featured on BroadcastEngineering.com
Ross Video ships SoftMetal v4.0
Ross Video has begun shipping SoftMetal version 4.0 software, which it launched in September at IBC2008. The new software is free to current SoftMetal customers.
SoftMetal v4.0 key features include:
- MXF native record and playback support for HD and SD clips
- QuickTime native SD playout
- Closed-captioning support
- Embedded audio support, 16 channels per video input and output
- Stereoscopic (3-D) record and playback
SoftMetal is a line of multidefinition video servers designed for live production and master control applications.
For more information, visit