The Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE) will conduct several meetings during NAB2008 directly related to the acquisition and backhaul of news and sports content as well as offer training and conferences as part of the NAB Broadcast Engineering Conference.
Acquisition- and backhaul-related meetings will include:
- SBE/NFL Game Day coordinators meeting: Monday, April 14, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., in Conference Rooms 7-8
- SBE/U.S. Department of Defense (closed meeting): Monday, April 14, 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., in the Board Room
- SBE frequency coordinators meeting: Tuesday, April 15, 10 a.m. to noon in Conference Room 7-8
- SBE/U.S. Department of Defense Meeting, Tuesday, April 15, 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m., in Conference Rooms 7-8
The NAB Broadcast Conference, Saturday, April 12, through Thursday, April 17, will include a special daylong Ennes Workshop on file-based workflows on Saturday.
Among the conferences topics related to the technology of newsgathering are:
- TV News and Live Production: Monday, April 14, 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., in the Las Vegas Convention Center, room S226/S227
- Monitoring and Measurements in the Broadcast Plant – TV: Wednesday, April 16, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m., in the Las Vegas Convention Center, room S226/S227
- Codecs, Compression Systems & Scaling: Thursday, April 17, 9 a.m. to noon, in the Las Vegas Convention Center, room S226/S227
The NAB2008 Engineering Conference is a coproduction of the IEEE Broadcast Technology Society and the SBE. In addition to acquisition- and backhaul-related sessions, it will offer conferences on a variety of TV engineering topics. For more information, visit