Meredith selects Harris One for Atlanta-based centralcasting hub
September 22, 2009
Meredith's Local Media Group, owner of 12 TV stations, has selected Harris to supply a fully integrated Harris ONE solution for the broadcaster's Atlanta centralcasting hub.
The complete broadcast solution will allow Meredith to establish a centralized, file-based broadcast structure for its Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri, South Carolina, Michigan and Connecticut stations that delivers an efficient workflow for its entire eastern U.S. operation.
Meredith recently upgraded its HD broadcast operations at KPHO-TV in Phoenix with Harris broadcast equipment and plans to implement a West Coast hub-and-spoke operation for three stations featuring Harris equipment.
The integrated Harris ONE solution for the Meredith Atlanta hub features:
• NEXIO AMP media platforms;
• Predator II multiviewers;
• Platinum and Panacea routers;
• ADC automation;
• NEO conversion gear;
• 6800+ distribution frames;
• NetVX MPEG-4/H.264 encoding and video/audio networking;
• Harris DTS Neural Surround 5.1 and two-channel audio processing;
• CCS Navigator control and monitoring;
• Videotek test and measurement equipment; and
• IconMaster master control switchers and branding equipment.